1) Domino has a bunch of dollar gift ideas here, with some clever new spins on some inexpensive classics.
2) Homemade hot chocolate mix. This mix is TO DIE FOR OMG SO GOOD. I’ve not had any kind better that isn’t completely homemade. And sometimes this recipe even beats the completely homemade. There is some serious fighting over this mix whenever I make it. Talk about office politics! You can present it in jars, or baggie it up, put it in a Christmas mug (mason jars and Christmas mugs are dirt cheap at thrift stores, which will make you not only cheap, but green). If you want to get fancy, decorate with ribbon, candy cane, etc.
3) Homemade quick bread such as Pumpkin Plumpkin Bread (this recipe makes two loaves, which equals two gifts, or one-for-me-one-for-you.
4) Have a friend who loves to cook? Make them some Umami Salt!
7) Teacup candles (love this idea, it’s great even if crafty isn’t your thing)!
8) Your Daily Freebies is my favorite deals and freebies board online. Great source for cheap and free magazines subscriptions and other items you can use as gifts!
9) Have kids? Frame their art with inexpensive frames and mats from the thrift store or your local discount supercenter. I have my kids art mixed in with other framed pieces around the house and it looks great. A good present for grandparents!
10) Marble suncatchers. I want a bunch of these on my back porch!